What is WooCommerce
WooCommerce and WooCommerce Subscriptions are WordPress plugins that transform WordPress into an eCommerce platform with automated transactions management. They are hosted and run entirely by merchants in their environment of choice.
WooCommerce provides Product Management, Shopping Cart, and Checkout Features to support eCommerce functions. Xendit provides WooCommerce plugins to be integrated to show up in the checkout page. This enables any merchant with WooCommerce integration to accept end-customer payments via Xendit. To date, Xendit accepts transactions via bank transfer from major Indonesian banks, Alfamart, Credit Card, and Debit Card.
Below is how your WooCommerce checkout page will look like from your customers’ point of view:
Why Integrate with WooCommerce
As the most popular eCommerce platform out there, WooCommerce provides easy-to-use features for you to develop and customize based on your needs and preferences. The WooCommerce plugin is free to use, and is one of the easiest option if you do not have your own website, or prefer not to develop and maintain a standalone web platform.
Because it is designed for WordPress, WooCommerce is connected to millions of WordPress users. It is bundled with many ways to accept payments by providing integrations with payment gateways.
Integrating with Woocommerce
Xendit Woocommerce Plugins
Xendit provides two WooCommerce plugins to be used according to your business needs:
- The WooCommerce plugin to accept recurring payments with Credit Cards is available here.
- The Woocommerce plugin to accept virtual accounts payments (bank transfers) is available here
Before integrating Xendit with WooCommerce, please ensure that you have completed the 4 points below:
- Register for a Xendit account to get Official Permission and API Keys
- Configure settings in WooCommerce admin dashboard
- Check that you have these required versions:
- WordPress: 4.8.3
- WooCommerce: 3.1.2
- PHP 7.0
- Enable cUrl with OpenSSL by your web hoster
If Xendit does not appear in your checkeckout page, please check that:
- You are using WordPress, WooCoommerce, and PHP versions that we support
- Minimum amount of payable invoice is set to more than IDR 11000
- Make sure that the price of your product is more than the minimum amount you have set
How can my customer update their card?
The WooCommerce Subscriptions guide for a user to update their payment method can be found here
Is there a way I can manually retry a failed payment after a decline?
Yes, you can do this from the WooCommerce Dashboard, as mentioned here
Is there a way for my users to retry a subscription payment after a decline?
Yes, WooCommerce has a guide for your users to do this on your website